Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 10: Correspondence – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 10: Correspondence
Words in Context 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 10: Correspondence
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
assemble courier layout proofed beforehand express mention registered complicated folding petition revision
In small offices, it is often the executive assistant who must manage all of the printed material that the firm produces. The job responsibilities include typing and printing out the correspondence. These letters and memos must all be carefully (1) ______ to make sure they are error-free. It not, the errors should be corrected. It the meaning is not clear, the correspondence should be revised. This (2) ______ should be done (3) ______, not when the letter is ready to be sent.
Before putting correspondence into an envelope, the executive assistant must (4) ______ all the various attachments and other documents to be enclosed with the letter. When (5) ______ the correspondence, the assistant should make sure that when opening the envelope, the recipient sees the letterhead first.
Once prepared. the correspondence must be sent appropriately. Local. urgent mail could be hand-delivered by a service. Long-distance. urgent mail could be sent overnight or by (7) ______ mail. It a record is required, mail can be (8) ______ and receipts are given.
In addition to transmitting and receiving taxes, the executive assistant must work closely with company officials. When the company executives have to make a presentation, the executive assistant often becomes a graphic designer charged with (9) ______, or the look oi, the graphics and text for the printed materials used during the presentations. Did I (10) ______ that these duties generally involve learning extremely (11) ______ design software? It’s a wonder that more executive assistants don’t (12) ______ their bosses for a raise.
Word Families 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 10: Correspondence
Word Practice 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 10: Correspondence
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the short dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best response.
- When will the meeting take place?
(A) This afternoon.
(C) In two days.
(D) On Tuesday.
- Why won’t the woman help assemble the documents?
(A) She’s in a meeting.
(B) She hurt her hand.
(C) She’s too busy.
(D) She needs to revise them first.
- What does the woman suggest that the man do?
(A) Finish the work before the afternoon.
(B) Do the work himself.
(C) Ask another person for help.
(D) Remember to fold all the documents.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
- Where would you hear this talk?
(A) A post office.
(B) A grocery store.
(C) A restaurant.
(D) An assembly line.
- What is the purpose of this talk?
(A) To sell merchandise.
(B) To Inform customers of a new service.
(C) To warn workers.
(D) To recognize a new employee.
- What time does the Courier Center close?
(A) 2:00 PM.
(B) 4:00 RM.
(C) 6:00 PM.
(D) 8:00 PM.
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
- I don’t want to _____ matters, but have you considered using colour to make your brochurestand out?
- It’s worth _____ in the memo that we’ve finished the draft of the proposal.
- The signatures on the _____ weren’t all legible you’ve written and note your suggestions for changes.
- To send out business letters without _____ them is unprofessional.
- The mail room is rarely asked to send letters by _____ mail.
- After each _____, you need to reread what because rain had caused the ink to run.
(D) will revise
Part 6 Text Completion
To: Production Staff
From: George Jones
Re: Document Preparation
In order to avoid extra work and waste of supplies, please observe the following guidelines when preparing documents for reproduction and distribution. The goal is to keep things simple and avoid _____ (16).
– When you work on the final revision of a document, pay special attention to the layout. The presentation of material is as important as the content itself.
– Don’t rush to the copier as soon as the ﬁnal revision is complete. _____ (17) each document carefully beforehand.
– We have technology to help with the assembly of documents. The large copier on the second floor can _____ (18) paper in addition to stapling. This will help you complete tasks efficiently.
– It a document needs to be delivered the same day it is finished. please use a courier service.
(C) To proof
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
Do you run a small business? If so, you likely don’t have a large enough staff to deal with developing, reproducing, and mailing all your documents and correspondence. Why not let Ofﬁce Systems, Inc., take care of this work for you? We provide the following services:
Don’t send out your documents until you are sure they are absolutely perfect. We provide revision and proofreading services on all documents, large or small.
Design and Production
Our professional graphic designers work with you to develop the best format and layout for your documents. We also provide copying and assembling services, including folding, stapling, and packaging.
We can connect you with several different delivery services, including the postal system and private courier companies. Is your correspondence urgent? Our express delivery service gets it to the recipient within 24 hours or less, guaranteed.
Visit any one of our branches to open up an account with us today. You can download an application from our web site and ﬁll it out beforehand to make the process go more smoothly. Don’t let the details of correspondence and document development complicate your life. Let Ofﬁce Systems, Inc., handle it all for you.
Visit www.ofﬁcesys.com to ﬁnd the branch nearest you.
- Who is the audience for this advertisement?
(C) Corporate directors.
(D) Small business owners.
- Which of the following is a service offered by Office Systems, Inc.?
(B) Web site development.
(C) Assembling documents.
(D) Reading letters.
- How can a customer open an account with Office Systems, Inc.?
(A) By visiting a company branch.
(B) By sending an e-mail.
(C) By completing an online questionnaire.
(D) By writing a letter.
- The word revision in line 5 is closest in meaning to
- The word beforehand in line 14 is closest in meaning to
(A) by hand
(C) in advance
(D) in person
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungtoeic #600essentialwordsforthetoeic #tuvungtoeictheochude